Business Development Officer
The role of the Business Development Officer is to establish and aggressively grow Primary Bank’s presence/sales in the assigned territory. The position of the Business Development Officer requires a specific working understanding of our banking product and services to be able to relate them to our client needs. The Business Development officer will develop a marketing plan for a specific target market of small to medium size businesses and business professionals. This includes providing a superior level of customer relations and service while ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures. The position of Business Development Officer is responsible for attaining established individual, department, and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
Along with the traditional Retail Products, the Business Development officer will primarily focus on Business Banking – Commercial deposits (DDA, MMA’s), Not-For-Profit, CD’s, Small Business Loans, Commercial Loan Services; Commercial Real Estate Mortgages, Remote Deposit Automation, Cash Management services (Analysis Checking, Fraud Prevention products etc.)
EXAMPLES OF KEY DUTIES
- Calls clients, prospects, and referral sources to develop new business, expand client base and to create a network of prospects from center of influence clients.
- Primary outside sales focus includes demand deposit/operating accounts, cash management and other payments services.
- Refers Business Loans, Business Lines of Credit, Commercial Real Estate Loans, and various other business banking products and services.
- Ensures small business banking relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients’ owners/management/associates.
- Identify and market non-credit services by developing and maintaining strong product knowledge and determining what questions to ask and cues to listen for to uncover needs.
- Accountable for further deepening of client's relationship with the Bank.
- Uses discretion to determine when to make sales calls in conjunction with the Commercial Lenders and other strategic partners to cross sell.
- Manages the pipeline of active and viable leads, including determining which prospects to call on, and the priority and scheduling of calls.
- Continually identifies new prospects and develops and presents effective marketing approaches to prospects, primarily through on-site visits.
- Partner with other business lines as appropriate.
- Plan long-term and short-term business objectives, including preparing and updating business plans.
- Participate in civic, government, professional, business, and community affairs, associations, and groups to solicit and develop new small business households for the branch.
- Promotes Primary’s positive public image in the community.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of Business Development experience or related business lending experience and/or deposit and cash management sales experience.
- B. S. degree in Finance or a related field which includes specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics. In addition, post graduate industry-specific education is desired (e.g., NH Bankers Association, ABA related courses, etc.)
- Direct work experience and knowledge in sales and client relations.
- Strong understanding of product profitability of banking products.
- Strong customer focused individual with good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under only general supervision.
- Have specific working knowledge in technology
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel to branch locations.
- Must be able to travel for business related matters.
- General Office environment
- General Office equipment