Mechanical Engineer (NH)
Crane Currency is a strong organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth. We invite you to apply for our Mechanical Engineer Job in Nashua, NH.
You will design, plan, estimate, document, commission, and maintain new and existing process equipment. You will also be tasked with assisting with manufacturing problems, system performance and equipment maintenance. This Engineering position manages projects dealing with basic and complex systems for all process equipment.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Product development through research, design, and evaluation of mechanical systems and processes
- Initiate and plan projects and schedules; manage and perform equipment designs from inception to completion
- Provide support to the Process Control and Maintenance groups and contract labor
- Coordinate the scheduling of installations and construction with manufacturing, maintenance, suppliers, contractors, and other departments
- Troubleshoot process equipment and train/direct technicians in those efforts. Assist supervision in diagnosing and solving equipment problems
- Support manufacturing to find the best solution for a particular circumstance in order to maintain manufacturing quality, production and safety
- Stays current with technologies and methods
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or extensive equivalent experience
- Highly specialized knowledge and experience of Autodesk Inventor.
- Proficient in machining using milling machines, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Knowledge of printing equipment and processes (flexo, gravure) preferred
- Electrical / electronic familiarity a plus
- Five plus years “hands-on” practical experience in bringing design concepts through the design cycle; this should include generation of equipment specification, equipment design, prototyping, manufacture, debug, technical support and maintenance
- Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic system design, specification and installation
- Excellent ability to define, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with personnel at all levels within an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact and diplomacy at all levels for dealing with suppliers and building/leading teams
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and will need to demonstrate Suitability for employment in a Position of Public Trust
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Don’t miss out, apply now at www.CareersAtCrane.com
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab