Research and Development (R&D) Process Development Engineer
Crane Currency is a strong organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth. We are looking to fill a Research and Development Process Development Engineer Job for our Nashua, NH location.
This Engineer will implement industry-leading product designs with new manufacturing processes at our Nashua, NH facility. The selected candidate will optimize the production of existing products by implementing process improvements, and work on capital projects for our printing and web handling manufacturing processes. This is a hands-on role, providing sound, well researched and analyzed recommendations and implementation of both breakthrough and continuous improvement production processes, methods and controls.
The R & D Process Development Engineer is responsible for:
Developing and evaluating new products and/or processes, conduct experimental work, analyze and interpret the results, document and report on the results, and take appropriate action to achieve goals. Results should be the development of new or refined formulations, chemical systems, application methods, processes, and products.
Lead and/or contribute to complex problem-solving initiatives involving new formulations, new processes and new equipment.
Support commercial launch of products and generate the appropriate technical data demonstrating performance.
Develop new features or improved performance of existing product with development in alternative materials, processes or equipment.
Collaborate with engineers and operators to optimize manufacturing process to improve volume, quality and yields, ensuring completion of all required documentation before transfer.
Clearly define and manage key projects to improve manufacturing efficiency, product quality and production yields.
Validate new quality and inspection systems.
Maintain and closely guard trade secret information; investigate patentability and intellectual property value of new concepts.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline in Engineering or Printing Technology degree.
- Experience in web handling, coating, printing, lamination, and/or slitting are strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Process Engineering or a similar function in the printing (preferred), coating or web processing industry, highly prefer 5-7 years relative experience.
- Demonstrated ability in influencing and leading others without formal authority, while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience leading or working on critical, high-visibility projects.
- Demonstrated successes in managing self-directed projects.
- Proficient at use of DOE and other statistical tools.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and tactfully at all organizational levels and across all disciplines.
- Ability to learn and use of graphic arts software and the ability to effectively translate print quality from specifications to design to production.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities both inside and outside the company. Able to transfer and present technical information as well as ideas and results clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- All applicants must be a United States citizen demonstrating suitability for a Position of Public Trust
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply at: www.CareersAtCrane.com
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab