Crane Currency is seeking Armed Security Officers for our Nashua, NH location for both day and night shift. These are direct hire jobs where you would be working as an employee for CRANE and you would be eligible for benefits.
Our Security Guards play a critical role protecting Associates from both inside and outside threats, as well as ensuring appropriate controls to protect secure materials, intellectual property and trade secrets.
Armed Security Guards are responsible for:
Facility Security & Asset Protection
- Monitor access control, intrusion detection and surveillance systems and investigate unusual activity
- Prevent unauthorized access to the premises by engaging in Security Questioning or contacting local law enforcement
- Vet all visitors to the facility and escort them inside the facility as needed
- Conduct searches of people, containers, vehicles
- Process access control requests and issue access badges
- Assist Shipping with pick up and deliveries
- Support Secure Material Control requirements
- Inspect all outgoing parcels and track the receipt of secure material shipped from the facility
- Maintain visitor safety equipment
- Use non-deadly force (e.g., physical confrontation skills) or firearms for self-defense or defense of another person per Crane Global Security policies and procedures
- Conduct security equipment testing
- Assist Security Supervisor
Observation and Reporting
- Perform interior and exterior visual patrols, reporting vulnerabilities, potential hazards, unusual findings, or ideas for improvements
- Conduct security equipment testing, as well as assessments and audits
- Log daily activity
- Comprehensive incident reporting of unusual activity and investigative outcome
Communication & Training
- Enforce all safety and security policies and procedures and report violations to Security Supervisor
- Answer main telephone line and route calls as needed
- Provide basic medical care
- Facilitate access for Emergency Responders (police, fire, ambulance) in the event of an emergency
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience in armed security, military or law enforcement, or an Associate’s Degree or higher in Criminal Justice or related field
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of CCTV, premise alarm protection, and access control systems preferred
- High energy with the ability to prioritize and multi-task many activities at the same time.
- Ability to display confidence and be adaptive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently (Minimal direction).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conflict management and conflict resolutions skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Basic 1st Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain Armed Guard License in State of NH
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and will need to demonstrate Suitability for employment in a Position of Public Trust consistent with our U.S. Government contract requirements
Crane offers competitive pay, generous shift differential, world class benefits, 401k match, and much more. Don't miss out and apply now! www.careersatcrane.com
Applicants must be United States citizens. SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace