Supply Chain Planner
Crane Currency is a strong organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth. We are looking to fill a Supply Chain Planner Job.
The Supply Chain Planner will create and maintain proforma schedules that will be used for capacity and resource planning, determining customer requirements, predicting delivery dates for prospect orders, and supporting financial forecasts. The SC Planner will also contribute to the creation and implementation of production plans that satisfy customer demand, and are consistent with plant capacity and forecast.
SC Planner Responsibilities Include:
- Develop proforma production schedules on a bi-weekly basis utilizing the priority listing provided by Sales team to project delivery dates for prospect orders.
- Drive the bi-weekly planning meeting for both demand and supply of thread for International sites. Provide overview of both firm and prospect orders, highlighting production issues and OTD risks for firm orders, as well as, predicted delivery dates for prospect orders.
- Create and communicate “what if” scenario plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunities that meet or exceed sales, productivity, and inventory expectations.
- Collaborate with Sales Channels, as well as, Product Management, R&D, and Finance to ensure plans are following business objectives/strategies.
- Establish quarterly absorption forecasts to support financial forecasts.
Master Schedule Planning & Production Control
- Review current master schedule and align production capacity to confirm lead time.
- Communicate customer commit dates on requested orders.
- Develop production schedule detailing all tasks with predicted completion dates.
- Order Balance Management
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure all critical production needs are met and align with the production schedule for each order.
- WO creation, tracking and management
- Monitor production schedule and notify team members of potential problems in meeting production and brainstorm suggestions for resolution.
- Follow each order through from order acknowledgement to shipment to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Interact with production supervisors daily to make establish shift plan and priorities and make necessary decisions.
- Physical Inventory counts of WIP and FG.
- Achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for areas of improvement related to cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity.
- Customer Service support to Customers/Contract Management
- Review Customer order and Expedite request, collaborate internally and communicate relevant information.
- Track and process required documentation to support customer deliveries
- Degree in Economics / Business Administration / Logistics / Engineering; or 5 years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in Manufacturing with 1 year experience in Supply Chain functions such as Master scheduling, Demand Planning, Customer Service and/or Logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact and diplomacy at all levels for dealing with suppliers and building/leading teams.
- All applicants must be a United States citizen demonstrating suitability for a Position of Public Trust
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply at: www.CareersAtCrane.com
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab